Sometimes it really grosses me out how racist netizens can be.
After it was reported that Luhan will be nullifying his contract with SM Entertainment, netizens were quick to respond.
They started bashing Chinese people in general and saying that the K-Pop industry shouldn’t bring in Chinese trainees anymore.
I don’t think they’re considering that both Kris and Luhan were suffering from pretty intense health issues.
They also forget that there are still Chinese idols in SM, like Victoria, Amber Tao, and Lay as well as idols in JYP and other agencies that are Chinese and are sticking to the K-pop industry.
So while this news is shocking and depressing, there’s absolutely no need for netizens to bash an entire population of people based on the decision of a few.
Here are what netizens are saying about the situation, translated by NetizenBuzz:
Naver:[+1,223, -36] Daebak.. The rumor mills…!!
2. [+1,178, -34] I don’t think there’s ever a beautiful farewell with SM
3. [+1,118, -100] The Chinese and their backstabbing, I swear
4. [+722, -23] Hul????? What is this… Hul…….???????
5. [+654, -20] I think SM should stop casting Chinese people..
6. [+427, -20] There’s really no one as good as Victoria from f(x). She’s so loyal.
7. [+407, -13] Leeteuk said on Radio Star that there’s another one coming up.. guess it was this!
8. [+354, -6] People hated on Heo Ji Woong yesterday for saying crap but it turned out to be true
9. [+336, -9] All of SM’s groups are up in the air ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+334, -17] Stop debuting Chinese members
1. [+114, -7] One goose bump inducing point… Kris, Luhan, and Jessica.. all three are related to China in some way and have left. Got popular off of the group and left to make money on their own in the Chinese market. Backstabbing ㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+109, -4] Lee Soo Man lost his wife and he doesn’t even have time to mourn before everyone backstabs him like this. They backstab him after all he’s raised them for.
3. [+85, -4] First Tyler Kwon seducing Jessica with all his business talk over in Hong Kong.. Gotta stop dealing with the Chinese.