Tao is the maknae of EXO-M.
He may seem cool, serious, and cold on the outside, but on the inside, he is actually warm-hearted, insecure, and kind.
His Korean is still a bit weak, so he has to room up with EXO’s manager in order to better learn the language and how to communicate.
During Korean interviews, Tao sometimes feels sulky because he isn’t able to communicate Korean well.
He feels like he isn’t able to contribute effectively to the conversation.
He’s is an excelled martial artist and a great rapper with the dream of becoming a world superstar.
Biography – Member Profile and Facts:
- Stage Name: Tao
- Real Name: Huang Zi Tao/Edison Huang
- Nickname: Peach, Kung Fu Panda, Crazy frog (by SM staff), Taozi, TaoTao, Gucci Panda
- Position: Lead Rapper, Vocalist, Maknae
- Born: May 2nd, 1993
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Personality: Conservative, sensitive, emotional, shy, sentimental, insecure at times, has a lot of aegyo, persistent in his tasks.
- Family: N/A, however he is very close to his grandparents.
- Height: 183cm or 6 feet
- Weight: 70kg or 154lbs
- Blood Type: AB
- Education: University of Hong Kong – Major was music
- Super Power (Badge): Time Control (Hourglass)
- Habit: When speaking to his fellow members, he would start off the conversation formally by calling the older members “Hyung”. However, he usually ends the conversation in an informal manner. He also has an ambiguous mood, so sometimes you can’t tell how what he’s feeling.
- Favorite Foods: Western food
- Favorite Hobbies: Singing, playing basketball, exercising, martial arts, DJ’ing at parties.
- Favorite Color: Blue
- Favorite Music: R&B, Hip Hop.
- Favorite Fashion Style: Simple, casual, comfortable, and anything Gucci.
- Role Models: Edison Chen, Jackie Chan, Kobe Bryant, Shawn Carter, MC HotDog, DBSK, Super Junior, Girls’ Generation.
- Celebrities they’re close with: f(x)’s Victoria & Amber and SHINee’s Taemin.
Tao Fun Facts:
- He officially joined SM Entertainment in 2010 after winning 1st place in an SM Entertainment Global Audition held in Qingdao, China.
- He was officially introduced as a member of EXO on December 27th 2011.
- During his time as a trainee, he was picked on by other trainees because he was Chinese and because he got to debut so quickly after joining SM Entertainment.
- He also says that since he was the trainee for the shortest amount of time, when he was picked to be part of EXO, he had to work 10x as hard as everyone else in order to catch up.
- Tao’s first TV appearance was on SBS’s Gayo Daejun on December 29th, 2011. He appeared alongside Kai, Luhan, and Chen.
- His favorite animal is a black cat.
- He’s very conservative (kept to himself and mysterious).
- In China, his roommate is Xiumin. In Korea, his roommate is his manager (his manager thought it’d be best because Tao still needs to work on his Korean), and on the road he rooms up with Kris.
- He won first place in many Wushu and rap competitions.
- He says that the secret to taking selcas is to take a whole lot of them to figure out your best angles.
- He says that out of all of the EXO members, he believes he has the best stature… and that he’s also the best rapper.
- He says he never leaves the house without his earphones and cologne.
- He says that his ideal profession would be a “boss” of something.
- His ideal type is someone who is pretty, has a great personality, and has a good body. She has to appear to be elegant, yet cold like a princess, but have a bright and kind personality. He likes quiet girls who aren’t too straight forward.
- He says that when it comes to his significant other’s birthdays, not only would he spoil her with presents and cake, but he would take her to the ocean to spend her birthday with her.
- He knows how to speak Mandarin, Cantonese, English, and Korean.
- Contrary to what the other EXO members say, Tao insists that he isn’t afraid of showering a lone. He says that he’s used to showering with other people due to EXO’s cramped dorms, so when he’s showering by himself, it gets lonely.
- Sometimes during interviews, his mood sulks because he isn’t able to speak Korean fluently like the other members.
- He seems serious and cold on the outside, but he is actually a warm-hearted and caring person.
- When he’s complimented, his mood brightens up very noticeably.
- He has practiced martial arts since the age of 8.
- Tao has confidence in his acting abilities. He hopes to one day become a huge action film star.
- He is really close with Kris. They’re always hanging out together. Fans began creating fanfiction and photoshop pictures of the two getting intimate, to the point that Kris began getting weirded out. Because of this, the two started becoming a little distant.
- Tao carries pictures of every EXO member in his wallet.
- If Tao thinks someone dislikes him, he’ll walk away from them.
- He likes to eat snacks, like chocolate and potato chips.
- He likes taking selcas.
- He prefers to walk on the beach by himself.
- He has an obsession with Gucci and with his success, you can expect him to frequent their stores.
- He says that he gets his face from his mother and his personality from his father.
- He says he does yoga and runs every day.
- He drives a Maserati now. He has been seen with it multiple times, picking up and dropping off Sehun or driving D.O to his events.
- He and Sehun go to many famous places in South Korea together to hang out. One of his favorite memories was going to Bukak Skyway with Sehun where he got to overlook all of Seoul.
- The most sentimental place for Tao is the Han River. He goes to the Han River whenever he is stressed out. He can unwind there and bathe in all of the personal memoreis that that place holds for him.
- In 2015, it was discovered that Tao smokes cigarettes.
- In 2015, Tao’s father released a statement saying that he will sue SM Entertainment and cancel Tao’s contract with EXO.
- Soon afterwards, Tao silently left EXO to pursue his dreams of becoming a solo artist and actor.
Please share Tao’s profile and facts with your friends and other fans using the social share buttons on the sides or bottom of this page. Thank you!