Kai is the face of EXO-K and one of their best dancers. He was the first member of EXO-K to be introduced, and he is the most frequent member to make an appearance. He has an undying love for dance and is skilled in various genres of dance. He may portray himself as a sexy, blunt idol, but beneath the surface, he is a warm-hearted person who can be awkward when expressing his feelings (just check out various fancams of him).
- Stage Name: Kai
- Real Name: Kim Jong In
- Nickname: Kkamjong, Dark Skin
- Position: Lead Dancer, Vocalist, Lead Rapper, Face of the group
- Born: January 14th, 1994
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Personality: Manly, noisy, child-like, warm-hearted, bossy, likes to play games, hard to express feelings
- Family: Father, Mother, 2 older sisters (one 9 years older and another 5 years)
- Height: 182cm or 6 feet
- Weight: 65kg or 143lbs
- Blood Type: A
- Education: Seoul Arts High School
- Super Power (Badge): Teleportation
- Habit: Biting his lips
- Favorite Foods: Fried Chicken
- Favorite Number: 1
- Favorite Colors: Black, Red, Sky Blue
- Favorite Hobbies: Dancing, reading books, listening to music
- Favorite Music: R&B, Hip Hop
- Favorite Movie: Billy Elliot, Pirates of the Carribean
- Favorite Motto: “I’d rather bend than break.”
- Favorite place to go: SM’s practice room, and SM’s rooftop
- Favorite Fashion Style: Dandy and neat style. He also wears shirts and T-shirts with characters on them. In the winter, he likes to wear lots of sweaters.
- He was cast into SM Entertainment after winning the company’s Youth Best Contest in 2007.
- He shares a room with D.O.
- He’s good at all types of games.
- He had a cameo in TVXQ’s “HaHaHa Song” MV with Suho and Chanyeol.
- He made a cameo in Taetiseo’s Twinkle MV with Sehun, Baekhyun and Chanyeol.
- He appeared in 13 EXO teasers before the group finally debuted.
- He performed at SBS’s Gayo Daejun event with EXO-M’s Lu Han, Chen, and Tao on December 29th, 2011.
- His ideal type is Han Yeseul. He likes a girl who is gentle and affectionate.
- His dance specialties include Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop, Popping and Locking.
- He was introduced as an EXO member on December 23rd, 2011.
- He says that he wants to treat others well, but he’s awkward when it comes to expressing his feelings.
- He says that some people consider him blunt and chic, while others consider him to be cute like a puppy.