Chen is the main vocalist of EXO-M, and quite possibly the best vocalist in all of EXO.
However, despite his ability to sing, he is one of the most underrated members of EXO. Fans speculate that because he was put into EXO-M with a limited grasp of Mandarin, he wasn’t able to show off his charisma and charm like the other members, hence he was left in the shadows.
Chen is one of the nicest members of EXO, which is shown through his interviews and also his interactions with fans, but despite being the friendliest, he’s still one of EXO’s biggest trolls. He likes to joke around and prank his fellow members.
He is also EXO’s worst dancer, but he hopes to hone his skills in the future.
Biography – Member Profile and Facts:
- Stage Name: Chen
- Real Name: Kim Jong Dae/Jin Zhong Da
- Nickname: Chen Chen, Orange, Dancing Machine
- Position: Lead Vocalist
- Born: September 21st, 1992
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Personality: Kind, gentle, considerate, troll, prankster, funny, hyper, stubborn, polite, cheerful
- Family: Father, Mother, Older Brother (not sure how much older)
- Height: 173cm or 5 feet 8 inches
- Weight: 64kg or 141lbs
- Blood Type: B
- Education: N/A
- Super Power (Badge): Lightning (Scorpion)
- Habit: He sticks out his tongue whenever he laughs.
- Favorite Foods: Lamb Kebab, Chinese food, hotpot, steamed buns, fried cakes, fried bread twists, anything cooked at the Korean dorms. But he says that most of all, he likes his parent’s cooking the best. He misses it.
- Favorite Hobbies: Singing, playing the piano.
- Favorite Color: Pink.
- Favorite Music: R&B
- Favorite Cartoons: Donald Duck, Garfield
- Favorite Possessions: MP3 Player, Notebook
- Favorite clothing style: Casual, nothing too flashy or gaudy.
- Role Models: Super Junior
- Celebrities they’re close with: Super Junior’s Kyuhyun.
- He is said to be the best singer in EXO.
- He can hit high notes very easily.
- His father is a main vocalist as well.
- His most memorable moment pre-debut was when the company threw him a birthday party.
- He wasn’t into playing video games, but after living with the members of EXO, he finds himself playing them more and more.
- He hopes to collaborate with Super Junior someday.
- He really wants to perfect Mandarin so that he can both speak to his Chinese fans, as well as make less errors while recording music.
- He’s forgetful, so he’ll have to write things down (hence why his notebook is one of his favorite possessions).
- He is one of the worst dancers in EXO, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s bad. He’s still an exceptional dancer, however, he knows that he has to become better.
- A fan called him “Dancing Machine” at an event, causing the other EXO members to roar with laughter. The nickname has stuck ever since.
- He says that later on, he’ll master dancing, but for now, he’ll work on perfecting his singing.
- He says that he admires Kris’s handsomeness, but he especially admires Tao’s ongoing humbleness. He likes how if Tao doesn’t understand something, he won’t hesitate to ask for help.
- He is the friendliest member at fansign events. He is very conversational, and treats fans, especially noona fans, very well. He laughs at all of his fan’s jokes, no matter if they’re bad.
- He treats his fans very well. At an airport, a fan accidentally dropped her phone after someone bumped into her. Chen told all of the fans to be careful and watch their steps. He went over to pick up the phone and return it to the fan.
- He is considered the troll of the group, always messing with the other members.
- Even though he seems quiet in some interviews, he’s actually very hyper, especially when he’s gets to speak Korean instead of Mandarin.
- He’s very close with Xiumin, and they’re seen almost always side-by-side.
- He rooms up with Lay in Korea, and Kris in China.
- He debuted at the 2011 SBS Gayo Daejun alongside Luhan, Tao, and Kai.
- He believes he’s the best vocalist in EXO (which is true).
- He has very prominent cheek bones that the other members are jealous of.
- However, despite having a great singing voice and good cheekbones, he says that his main charm is his beautiful legs. He especially likes his small feet (not joking).
- He says that he’s stubborn and likes to get what he wants.
- He doesn’t like people touching his ears.
- His dream is to become the world’s best singer.
- While he likes being complimented on his voice, he especially lights up when people compliment him on his looks, which ironically doesn’t happen very often.
- He is very considerate. Once when Lay injured his back during dance practice, Chen brought him to the hospital.
- He also rushed over to Xiumin on a variety show when Xiumin injured himself.
- Chen is becoming better at Mandarin, and at some points during interviews, he can respond to the MC’s questions before the translator gets a chance to do their job.
- It’s unknown how fluent he is in English, however, after watching a few interviews… it’s not that he isn’t fluent in English, because there definitely is a foreign accent when he speaks, but at the same time, his English sounds awesome. How is this possible? He makes it possible.
- He is one of the most underrated members of EXO, alongside Xiumin.
- He joined SM Entertainment in 2011 after being scouted out by an agent.
- Before joining SM Entertainment, he was auditioning for a music conservatory.
- He always dreamed about becoming a singer.
- Before debuting, his parents was against him becoming a singer, but when they learned that it was SM Entertainment who offered him the opportunity, they became supportive.
- He wasn’t a trainee for very long. He made his debut a little before a year after joining SM.
- His ideal type is a woman who is like a noona. Someone that will be able to take care of him.
Category: Member Profiles