EXO-M dominated the competition on CCTV”s “Global Chinese Music Chart”.
Their song “Overdose” won by a huge landslide (pretty much an avalanche) against the other competitors.
EXO-M came out on top with 241,524 points while the runner up only had 79,666 points to back him up.
It shows just how popular EXO is, not only in Korea, but throughout Asia.
CCTV’s Global Chinese Music Chart is a music program similar to South Korea’s Music Bank, Inkigayo, Music Core, etc.
To decide the winners, the show takes ARS votes, music sales, online votes, QR votes, and text votes from Monday through Friday and totals them all up.
EXO-M has been one of China’s most favorite boy group for the past two years, so it’s not really a surprise that they won.
Here are what netizens have to say about EXO-M’s triumph, translated by NetizenBuzz.
1. [+1,582, -50] I feel like if EXO asked their Chinese fans to plant a tree, they’ll plant an entire jungle for them
2. [+1,180, -91] Wow, look at the lead they have ㅋㅋㅋ They deserve it ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Looks really cool
3. [+1,004, -61] Look at the difference between first and second place..
4. [+224, -10] SM really does have amazing choreographies… you never know what they’ll come up with next.
5. [+202, -11] EXO-M’s always had huge popularity in China. They’ve been awarded best group for two years in a year. The votes for them are amazing.
6. [+184, -12] I want to see EXO-M in Korea often too…
7. [+175, -9] China doesn’t have much songs like Korean songs… and EXO’s visuals probably do a lot for them too.
8. [+158, -13] The class of having 650,000 preorders in Korea ㅋ